Sunday, December 21, 2008

Exiting MIIS

For the last year and a half, my whole world has only included MIIS, Alvarado Street and sometimes Washington St, and the Wharf. However, that small world has been the whole world, or some of the brightest minds from all over the entire world. I have been able to hear first-hand about experiences growing up in Iraq, Afghanistan and Sudan. Yet there have been so many potentially good times that were never realized because of so much work to do. The work adds a lot of stress and extreme emotions to the mix, but nevertheless, the skills developed through hard work and the contacts made from our diverse student body shall always be of help to me, without a doubt.

A strong emotion now is how many people I will miss. Though this internship is the beginning of exactly what I came here to do. I know that I enjoy living among other cultures and am eager to learn new languages, but where else could I greet people in 100 languages in 1 day? MIIS is a unique microcosm of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment